Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Long load times when Double-Clicking on file

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Rocket

Mr.Rocket

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Office 2003 applications (Word, Excel, etc.) take up to 1.5 minutes to load when I double-click on the file icon. Starting the app (i.e. Word) first and then using the Open command loads the file in a fraction of a second. This occurs consistently and with Word and Excel.

Advertisements

Mr.Rocket

Mr.Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It turns out that my new HP Printer installed a program called HP Digital Imaging Monitor (hpqtra08). This was apparently the culprit in the strange Office behavior. Once this program was removed from the Startup folder the problem disappeared. :whistling:

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Weird, my brother in law had the same problem with long loading times. Turned out eventually it was his virus-scanner that took too long to scan the file on opening. Problem cleared up as soon as he switched anti-virus systems though.