Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Freeze During Sims 2

• Please log in to reply

Konfus Istota

Konfus Istota

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was adding another CD-Rom drive to my computer, turned on my PC and the CD-Rom didn't work. I noticed I didn't securely attach the power supply cable to the CD-Rom. While the PC was still turned on (moronic moment) I push the cable in further and it flashed a blue spark and the PC turned off.

I couldn't get the PC to turn back on. This issue basically fixed itself. I unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in and worked fine. /wierd

Anyways, I also recently had an error that shut down my pc and after reboot, Windows XP popped up a window that said my graphics card driver may be bad so I updated it from the nvidia site.

NOW, when I play the Sims 2 and I get a movie sequence, it locks my computer up and music loops. I haven't tested this with other games.

I did a system restore, but it didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Edited by Konfus Istota, 14 September 2006 - 12:53 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Could you please provide us with your basic system specifications so that we can make sure your system is compatible to the game's requirements?

Konfus Istota

Konfus Istota

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I added it to my signature:)

Sims 2 worked fine before by the way, I just don't know what would cause it to freeze now.

Edited by Konfus Istota, 15 September 2006 - 04:23 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, well your specs seem to check out alright with the game. Have you made any changes to the system since it was working fine?