Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel 2000 - Printing Problem

• Please log in to reply

vetless

vetless

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm not sure but I think the problem might stem from the fact that I emailed to file from office to my home computer. After I while I noticed that after the file name, the word 'Group' appeared within brackets, like the following: [Group]. I cannot set a print area, or print from this file. Does anyone know what's going on? Can you help?
vetless

Advertisements

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Perhaps you had more multiple sheets within the workbook selected. Excel refers to that as a group. That happens if you click on one tab while holding the shift key and then click on a tab one or more sheets later. You will notice that those two tabs along with all of the tabs between are highlighted/selected. You may have just emailed the group rather than the entire workbook.

Don't know if this helps, but I hope this sheds a little light on the subject.

vetless

vetless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how I can get this resolved? I've even tried copying the data to a new file, but as soon I try to save it after copying it, the same thing happens. Do you have a remedy?
vetless

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
just a quick off the top of my head thing.........

if you can, in the workbook, click on a tab that is not included in the group. This should remove the group. Then you can email the whole workbook. Right now, I'm experimenting with grouped worksheets to see if there is another solution. Can't make any promises. Dr. Frankenstein experimented and we all know how that ended up!

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Duh. Sometimes I can be so silly........

Right click on one of the tabs in the group. Click Ungroup.

vetless

vetless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh, thank you boomercj I just tried it on a file that I had here at home, and it worked!!! It should work on the latest file I have at the office. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You are brilliant!!!!!!!

vetless

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

You are brilliant

Thank you so much. I think I will cross stitch this into a sampler and hang it so my family sees it everyday!
Glad I could help.