Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't get FLV file to work

• Please log in to reply

Stickly

Stickly

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
i downloaded a .FLV file but i can't get it to play. i have FLV Player and i have CinemaForge, but neither will recognize the file. CinemaForge says it doesn't know what kind of file it is (it says under the icon "FLV File") and FLV Player just won't do anything. i've deleted the file, redownloaded it and restarted (not necessarilly in that order), but i still can't get it to work. i've never had trouble like this before. can someone help me out? thanks

Stickly

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Check the file association permissions in Windows Explorer (My Computer> Tools> Folder Options> File Types

Johanna

Stickly

Stickly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
well....i just did that, but it still won't work. i've downloaded FLV files in the past...but this one just refuses to work. i just need to convert it into .mov, but i can't get it to do anything....FLV player just doesn't do anything...and CinemaForge says it doesn't recognize the file type. i'm confused...

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you have another file with that extension, it plays, right? Then I'm guessing that particular file is corrupted somehow.
Johanna

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I agree with Johanna, it is probably corrupt if you downloaded it then try downloading it again.

Stickly

Stickly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
i do have other flv files. some of which work and some don't. i guess it's just the particular site that i got them from. well...thanks for the help. i'll just try to find them somewhere else. but thanks alot!

stickly