Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

lots of frustrating problems

• Please log in to reply

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
The 1st thing I would try for the floppy drive is.
Start>my computer right click > properties>Hardware .>device manager>
click the + sign next to floppy drive click on floppy drive right click and uninstall. click ok and reboot.

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 1,316 posts
  • MVP
I use newegg.com and tigerdirect.com for new hardware. Whatever you get, I don't recommend mixing with your current RAM.

Not much help here with password management (I don't allow Windows to remember any passwords), other than the link below to some free password managers.

Roboform is one that I see a lot of people using, and it integrates with IE and MSN.

As for Favorites in IE, there should be a Favorites icon on the toolbar. Clicking it will open a tree listing in the left pane of IE. If the icon isn't there, right click the toolbar and select Standard Buttons. If still not present, right click in the buttons section and select customize to add it.

Tabbed browsing is also available in Opera browser and the new IE7 (which also has improved security features).

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
peterm that worked for the floppy. dave i'll check those out later, again thanks for all your help. now i will work on the other two computers.