Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder will not delete

• Please log in to reply

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello again all you helpful people. I have a small problem that I thought I would ask for help with. I created a folder on my desktop recently of some mp3's. Once I was done burning them I tried to delete the folder from my desktop, but it keeps reappearing. It always has a new Creation day as well. Please help me delete this monster for good. thanks in advance, Mike

ps I have Win XP

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
how many files are in folder did you try to delete each file cause it could just one file that doesnt want to delete

heres a program to try

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

if you cant delete folder then delete eac file

if any file doesnt want to delete then rename it and try using unlocker again

Edited by rushin1nd, 14 September 2006 - 11:08 PM.

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thank you for your reply. The folder is empty, all files inside were deleted after I burned them. Now I can't get rid of the folder and if I delete it, it re-creates itself back on the desktop. Any ideas?
thanks!

jettybest

jettybest

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Is there any hidden files? Make sure you have empty folder and delete it after rename

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try using killbox

http://www.bleepingc...les/killbox.php

that should do it

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello again! I've tried all the suggestions above and the folder keeps reappearing on my desktop every few days. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mike