Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Security window missing

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hello, I'm hoping someone will tell me this is simple. I built another system some months back to sell but haven't got round to it yet as my son may want it. I notices as I was installing software on it that the ctr/alt/del keys don't bring up the Windows Security task manager window which I use regularly on my main system to close programs down if they have a problem. I thought then that it might be the graphics card driver for some reason but after uninstalling it I find the problem is still there. If I do come to sell the system to someone else I suspect it will soon be noticed and wouldn't want to sell it with this problem if it is one. Is this simply a setting not turned on?

Steve

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Some adware/spyware can disable the Task Manager without triggering an error when you try to open it. Suggest you download 'Ad-Aware Personal' from here: http://www.lavasoftu...ftware/adaware/
Install, update, then run it and remove all it finds.

If still no TM, it could be a trojan (which Ad-Aware is not designed to scan for). Update your AV and scan with that.

lastly, you may need to run 'HijackThis' and submit it's log file to the appropriate forum so they can analyse it and it'll show them everything that's running on your PC. They're experts at spotting stuff in it which is malware and they'll tell you how to deal with it.