Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errot 0720 on broadband

• Please log in to reply

kirret

kirret

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi.

I've got a friend who has a problem with one of his laptops (Both XP SP2). When he tries to log on to Toucan broadband with his Speedtouch modem, he gets a list of messages (all positive), except the last message in the box is: Errot 0720: A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this computer. For assistance click More Info or search Help and Support Center for this error.
I have compared all the parameters on both of these laptop, they are identical, but one of them can't get online.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Kirret

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is that a windows error? or does it come up in a toucan software window? i'm not finding any good references (not a deep search yet) for that error code...have you called toucan yet?

kirret

kirret

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
This error comes up after you have clicked Connect on Toucan Login application. There are 2 windows, one is where the buttons are, and the other window on the left is with the information regarding to the log-in process. All the log-in details and everything else are getting positive response, but the last line is the error messages I have listed earlier.
He has rang to Toucan, but they said it is a problem with this laptop and they can't help.
It's got to be the problem of this laptop, because when I move the dsl-cable to the other laptop, it works instantly.
I have searched for any informationfrom Google, but no luck yet.

Thanks,

Kirret