Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes Help: Corrupt Library and iPod not detected

• Please log in to reply

MC Elasmosarus

MC Elasmosarus

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Whenever I run iTunes, my library is blank. I get the following error message:

"The file or directory C:\documents and settings\user name\my documents\my music\itunes\itunes library.itl is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.""

Also, when I make an attempt to add a song to my library, it does not appear in my library. Another problem I have is that my computer can not detect my iPod through the USB cord. Therefore, I don't have the ability to update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, but it does not solve my problem.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to my problem?

Advertisements

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ca you delete the file library.itl at all and see if i-tunes simply re-creates it (you may have to delete this in safe mode) or try uninstalling and re-instaling i-tunes see if that helps. Unsure on the USB problem though, have you tried a different cable at all to rule out any fault there.