Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I open my downloaded file on a MacBook Pro?

• Please log in to reply

xdramaqueenx

xdramaqueenx

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
So, I am working on a Mac Book pro, and I need to download a File Recovery Program and I also want to download Bitlord...but I download them and then the .exe documents go into this downloaded files window...and then whenI click on them they do nothing...I need to choose an application to pen them with...

we tried Stuffit expander but that doesnt work becasue the files arent encoded....so What do I use to get into the files?? I also tried opening the file in something called Installer (which you think would work...) but that doesnt even allow me to choose those files...I cant even click on them when I am in Installer....

Can anyone help me????

thank you!!!!

Advertisements

rmco2003

rmco2003

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Well I'm pretty sure .exe files are for windows, are you sure you're downloading a Mac version of these programs?

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
.exe files only run on windows mac files are usually zipped when you download them and then when unzipped they are .dmg files... if you need any help of finding a mac version of i program i can help you find an alternative... if you need help installing a .dmg file i can help you too

are you a new mac user? just ask me for help