Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nexopia.com / Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

wojcicki

wojcicki

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Occasionally I notice that when I'm on Nexopia.com (kinda like MySpace) Windows Installer loads as if it were installing Microsoft Word or something along those lines. I can't close that browser unless I let the installer run it's course and hit cancel after it goes through a few stages (goes too fast to remember). Any suggestions? I'll try to print screen next time it happens.

Advertisements

wojcicki

wojcicki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Here is what pops up at the end result of the whole thing (attached).

Attached Thumbnails

• Microsoft_Office.JPG

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have the same problem when i open classic media player on my system. The problem started after a windows update and i don't know how to shift it myself. However i find that if i hit the cancel button straight away it stops it running, though sometimes it will start again but a second cancel does the trick. I know this is no help but at least you know you're not alone

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I sometimes get a similar message when I'm using MS Office. There must be a driver or piece of information on the install disk that the application is looking for. I insert the disk and let it do it's thing, and then it's ok. I've never had it ask while on the internet, however. Just my two cents worth of input; don't know if it helps you at all.