Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drct16.dll - win lgoin failure? HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I was trying to remove the drct16.dll and mszx23.exe and I deleted the following files from my computer as per instructions in other postings, and now my computer wont load windows without failing, not even in safe mode!!! Can somebody please help??? or at least tell me straight up that im screwed?

klogini.dll (Also used in the HAXDOOR virus)
fltr.a3d (No info found on the net - propably some datafile)
redir.a3d (No info found on the net - propably some datafile)
vdnt32.sys (Also used in the HAXDOOR virus)

When i was last able to log on, I still had mszx23.exe on the system, and couldnt delete drct16.dll.

Now i am getting the following message when trying to boot up, (in safe mode too).

The instruction at "0x77f8353b" referenced memory at "0x00f1bc88". The memory could not be "read". click on OK to terminate the program. Click on cancel to debug the program.
-------
Then there is another message about the memory not being able to be written.

Clicking on cancel does nothing, and Clicking on OK gives me a FATAL SYSTEM ERROR saying..."windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly wth a status of (some number)....The system has been shut down"

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!??

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Original poster is being helped in another topic.