Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Lexmark z735 - Can't install correctly

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi, I've bought a Lexmark z735 today and I've connected it all upto the PC and put the CD into the drive.

I hit the "Install" button and it comes up with a message saying:

"Disk Space on drive - 3MB (Recommended 800MB)"

From what I can tell it's trying to install onto my C Drive...

How can I get it to install on my D drive instead please???

I would appreciate the help alot.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. The printer needs sofware installed for it to work. The message you see indicates the installer did not find enough space on your hard drive to install the software. Perhaps you can do some clean up and get rid of some stuff to make room for the printer software.

Edited by austin_o, 16 September 2006 - 07:28 AM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

How can I get it to install on my D drive instead please???

You don't.

All printer software drivers and (most) printer utilities install themselves into the Windows folder and Windows System32 folder, which are typically on Drive C. This is so Windows can find all of the files when you want to print something.

Some of the software may be able to go onto Drive D, but if the option isn't presented to you when installed, it will have to go on Drive C. Therefore you need to free up some space.