Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No soundcard in my hardisk

• Please log in to reply

juma48

juma48

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I have a problem with my speaker. When i go to the mediaplayer it say there no soundcard is available. So does that mean there no soundcard in my CPU or is it was not install properly as i bought this CPU in pre assemble(u knw where we chose the hardware and the person fix it).

And another things is if there really no sound card in my CPU, does that mean i have to buy the soundcard and install it myself?

Advertisements

JacobAtDell

JacobAtDell

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi juma48,
I am Jacob, I would like to know the operating system you are using
From the information you gave me in your post i come to conclusion
1) Check to see if your system have sound card ( integrated or a sound card)
2) If Sound device is present then driver file may not be installed

Check These 2 things and get back to me

Regards
Jacob

juma48

juma48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
^Erm since i was a IT iliterate i be grateful if you could provide me the steps to check what you have ask me to check coz i don't know how to check the things you have ask me to.

Thanks so much.

Edited by juma48, 17 September 2006 - 08:11 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, right click my computer, click properties, hardware, device manager

Look for yellow markings for sound

juma48

juma48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
^I have checked and there no yellow marking under the sounde devices however it have this yellow marking at other devices. I printscreen it for your perusal.

Posted Image

Kurasaki_Ichigo

Kurasaki_Ichigo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
The yellow exclamation mark in device manager usually indicates a device, in this case 'Multimedia Audio Controller' which I would say is your soundcard, does not have drivers installed. If you get and install the correct drivers the yellow icon should go away and the soundcard should show up in both the 'sound, video and game controllers' section of device manager and in media player.

Not related to your problem (unless you are using an external sound device) but device manager is also showing a yellow icon for a USB controller. Getting and installing the correct drivers for this item should fix this problem.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by Kurasaki_Ichigo, 18 September 2006 - 11:21 PM.

juma48

juma48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
OK i gonna try to that later when i come back from my work. Thanks so much for all the pple that help.