Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error at start up

• Please log in to reply

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
ace runtime error at start up
it says"can not connect to ace runtime." when i close it out my pc still runs but has been acting slow.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
heres something you should do

clean your prefetch folder GO START...CLICK RUN...TYPE IN... prefetch ...CLICK OK..EDIT..SELECT ALL ..ON ANY BLUE FILE RIGHT CLICK THEN DELETE.............go to your tools menu at the top of your page select internet options delete cookies... delete files including offline put check mark click ok then close by clicking apply then ok.....go start..... all programs....accesseries...system tools....disk defragmenter.....just defragment ......

when your done that do this

go start right on my computer and open it .....on c drive right click and click on properties select tools then click on check now make sure both boxes are checked then click start

if a black pop appears dont be alarmed you should see a flashing white bar ..type the letter y for yes hit enter reboot

let this proccess go through 5 stages

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

all of this will eliminate problems and fix some if your still having problems we will look at other options

Edited by rushin1nd, 16 September 2006 - 02:39 PM.