Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

To many processes running

• Please log in to reply

IllEffect

IllEffect

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello ppl,pc running slow and i checked task manager and cpu usage btwn 80-95%.There are several processes running How can i fix this?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Are (is) there any specific processes using up a large portion of the CPU cycles? You can sort the processes by clicking "CPU" on the Processes tab of the Task Manager.

To rid yourself of unnecessary processes, please go to Start | Run and type msconfig. Then, go to the Startup tab and look at some of the items there. There are many sites where you can look up what is listed there to see whether or not it is necessary. One that I like to use is from Bleeping Computer here. To disable a program from starting up with your computer, just uncheck it. When you are finished, click Apply. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, please provide me with a list and I would be happy to look them up for you.