Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ERROR: OE: 0028:C1B2BCF2

My system crashed and I had to restore. I am trying to install AOL 9.0 (I had 8.0). installation keeps starting and then I get the above error. I have removed McAfee completely but AOL still won't install and the error message changed from C1B19A82 (before removing McAfee) to C1B2BCF2 (after removing McAfee). Please help. :whistling:

Advertisements

Pseudopath

Pseudopath

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi 2428,

Welcome to GeekstoGo.

We'll need some more information before we can begin to determine the exact cause of the problem.

Would you please post your system specifications, as much as you know, and what if anything you did to your PC just before you encountered this error?

Also what type of error is it, does the message give a type at all?

Cheers,

- Pseudopath.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi 2428,

Welcome to GeekstoGo.

We'll need some more information before we can begin to determine the exact cause of the problem.

Would you please post your system specifications, as much as you know, and what if anything you did to your PC just before you encountered this error?

Also what type of error is it, does the message give a type at all?

Cheers,

- Pseudopath.

Hi,
I'm not sure I'm doing this (responding) correctly but here goes.
System specs are:
Windows Millenium
Pentium III
Installed Memory 384 MB, 256 SD RAM
CPU speed 866 MHz/100MHz
Cache RAM 256 KB
I installed additional memory about a year ago with no problem.

History: System crashed and I did a non-destructive restore after which some programs needed to be reinstalled but some could not be reinstalled, such as McAfee Security center. AOL 8.0 was on the computer and was working but was not showing up in my "add/remove" program list. McAfee was not working. I wanted to remove AOL 8.0 and install AOL 9.0 for increased security but McAFee was preventing it and also could not be uninstalled normally. When I tried to install AOL 9.0 it would go through about 14% of the install and then to a windows error message (blue screen) as indicated above with the last part being "C1B19A82" I was told McAfee was causing the error. McAfee on line sent me a cleaning program which I ran and removed McAfee. I located an AOL uninstall program in the AOL folders and uninstalled AOL 8.0. Now when I try to install AOL 9.0 it goes through install about 14% and then flips to a blue screen windows message with the same error message except the last part is "C1B2BCF2" .

Hope this is clear :whistling: .

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I'm not sure I'm doing this (responding) correctly but here goes.
System specs are:
Windows Millenium
Pentium III
Installed Memory 384 MB, 256 SD RAM
CPU speed 866 MHz/100MHz
Cache RAM 256 KB
I installed additional memory about a year ago with no problem.

History: System crashed and I did a non-destructive restore after which some programs needed to be reinstalled but some could not be reinstalled, such as McAfee Security center. AOL 8.0 was on the computer and was working but was not showing up in my "add/remove" program list. McAfee was not working. I wanted to remove AOL 8.0 and install AOL 9.0 for increased security but McAFee was preventing it and also could not be uninstalled normally. When I tried to install AOL 9.0 it would go through about 14% of the install and then to a windows error message (blue screen) as indicated above with the last part being "C1B19A82" I was told McAfee was causing the error. McAfee on line sent me a cleaning program which I ran and removed McAfee. I located an AOL uninstall program in the AOL folders and uninstalled AOL 8.0. Now when I try to install AOL 9.0 it goes through install about 14% and then flips to a blue screen windows message with the same error message except the last part is "C1B2BCF2" .

Hope this is clear .