Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Java

• Please log in to reply

Flashoreek

Flashoreek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Dear helpers,

Hi, I'm Flashoreek and have a JAVA problem. In this site: http://www.shockwave.com/gameroom.jsp there are many JAVA based games that I would like to play; however, they seize to work.

Let me explain.

In this game, http://www.shockwave...ve8ballpool.jsp, for example, I press the "Play Online" button and everything works fine (pop-up appears and the game loads). Sadly, when I want to watch a game, join a game, recieve help, anything to do with JAVA buttons, NONE of works! I repeatedly press the buttons, but with no avail.

I managed to get a log of what might be the problem, and here is what I found:

Posted Image

Also, this:

Posted Image (Details are provided in the image)

As you can see in the first image, I repeatedly pressed Watch a game and it doesn't let me and sent me that log.

Some info. I can tell you about my computer is that I have Norton Anti-Virus protection 2006 and Windows XP SP2. In addition, I have the latest version of JAVA SUN plug-in which is J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.

Help will be great! Thank you! :whistling:

Advertisements

Flashoreek

Flashoreek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Dear helpers,

After turning off my Norton Internet Security, every button worked and I could join a game! :help:

However, is there a way so that I can play my games and NOT have to turn off my internet security? Me and my computer feel naked if any virus protection is off. :whistling:

What I found is that my Internet Security was actually blocking JAVA from doing it's task. So, do I need to open a port? Disable something for JAVA to operate?

Thank you!

P.S. My online nick is NeTTeR :blink:

Flashoreek

Flashoreek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I fixed it! :blink:

The problem was my internet security pop-up blocker! :whistling:

Good day all!