Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remove shockwave

• Please log in to reply

cnash21

cnash21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys, this is my first time using this site
a buddy of mine downloaded shockwave on my computer quite a while back. i have just been dealing with it and thought i would forever have to. i just heard about this site and would appreciate any help you can give me. here is what it says:
Illegal operation in Plug-In
The pulg in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart Firefox

i have done a search of my computer and cant find it anywhere, so i dont know how to delete/uninstall it. ???
thanks

Advertisements

ThPenguinsRComin

ThPenguinsRComin

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
The easiest way to uninstall Shockwave is probably to go to Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs (in the Start Menu). It'll show up on the list as "Adobe Shockwave Player" if it's on there. Just hit the "Change/Remove" button and uninstall it. The problem you're having is likely because Adobe doesn't claim to support Firefox with it's newest version of Shockwave.

cnash21

cnash21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thepenguinsrcomin,
all i have in my control panel that relates to your message is "Adobe Reader." sould i delete that? is it the problem and will it casue me to lose any other programs that might be necessary? thanks for the reply.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run disc clean up, click to view downloaded programme files, look for shockwave there

cnash21

cnash21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
keith,
that didnt work. my 'downloaded program file' was empty. the pop up says, "illegal plug in" at the top.

buster blader

buster blader

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
many people have been experiencing the same problem with firefox lately, there are a bunch of solutions but those solutions only work for a while before it reverst to its old form