Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

• Please log in to reply

DOM1

DOM1

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I seem to be getting fairly regular blue screens of death. The latest had the message 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA', as well as the STOP message 0x00000050, (0xFFFFFFFB, 0x00000000, 0x80543c1d, 0x00000000.

It generally happens when the computer has been on for several hours and when quitting IE or another program.

I have 1gb of ram and have recently updated my video card to try and solve the problem.

Hope you can help.

DOM1

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Have you got any USB devices plugged in into your machine? especially devices that you have installed a driver for which isn't supported by your operating system

DOM1

DOM1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

The most recent device was a ADSL broadband router, which initially I used through USB connection, but now connect via ethernet. The problem seems to have occurred since I installed this device.
I have also just received an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message on the blue screen, and then it says it is dumping physical memory.

Regards

DOM1

Edited by DOM1, 18 September 2006 - 07:53 PM.

omegaF

omegaF

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
that blue screen really sucks, i recently started to getting this from time to time....i wonder why it comes out of no where.