Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove PDF password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gecko girl

gecko girl

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have a PDF and it is password protected... how can i remove the password (i don't know what it is).
I need to edit the document... but i can't copy the text into another program...
do i need a special program? must i buy it?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need the full Acrobat application (not just the Adobe Reader) to edit and re-save PDF documents, but even with that if the doc has been password protected by the publisher (to stop people changing it) you won't get any further. The publisher/creator of a PDF doc owns the copyright so is entitled to protect it from being modified.

gecko girl

gecko girl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks,
i found a program called Edit:removed application name .... removes all security put on the pdf.

Edited by dsenette, 30 March 2010 - 08:01 AM.

vivyno88

vivyno88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Edit:removed advice for password cracking

Edited by dsenette, 30 March 2010 - 08:00 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that password was put there by someone, and for a reason. if you have contact with the creator of the PDF i suggest you contact them and request permission to do what you're wanting to do. past that we can't help you break passwords or find password crackers