Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Right click options & clicking links

• Please log in to reply

MissSmirnoff

MissSmirnoff

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I had a the SAME problem with my last PC & I actually went out & purchased a new PC because of this problem now 6-8 weeks later I am have exactly the same problem.

After so long of using the right click copy & paste feature it just STOPS when I right click the option menu does not appear making it impossible for me to copy & paste unless i use the 'ctrl' with C & V buttons! This will work again if I reboot which is a pain as I work from home & I copy & paste ALOT! Also have found when this starts if somebody posts a link on a forum & I click it, it won't open the page (any page)!

This is bananas :help:

Can anyone help I'd muchly apprieciate it :blink:

I hope this is in the right area of the forum :whistling:

Many thanks

Charlene

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you have your XP disk, try a System File Check. It sounds like something is getting whacked in your right click context menu.
Start > Run > cmd
type
sfc /scannow
You will be prompted to insert your XP CD.

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

If you want to see what was replaced, right click My Computer > manage, expand event viewer > system.

Johanna

MissSmirnoff

MissSmirnoff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Johanna

Thanks for the reply - I have a Dell PC sadly I don't have a disk with it just the XP verification code.

:whistling:

MissSmirnoff

MissSmirnoff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry if I'm not aloowed to do this but thought I would give it a little bump to see if anybody has any more suggestions!

I bought a new mouse to rule that out & its still doing it :whistling: