Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Setup with VersaLink Gateway

• Please log in to reply

MelissaCDC

MelissaCDC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm attempting to get my wireless connection to work properly. Initially, installed westall wireless adapter card into my PC and got the wireless to work. Here is the crazy part - when using the wireless I can't access any webpage’s, will not let me into email, and won’t load My Space, nothing. Just reads loading page forever! However, if I connect the laptop directly to the versalink gateway everything works fine!

Verizon spent two hours on phone with me and fixed it until I had to re-boot the pc. It seems like something with the adapter card is blocking me. It is not a firewall or internet options.

So I have removed the software for the wireless adapter and attemtping to re-do.
Any help?

Edited by MelissaCDC, 18 September 2006 - 08:25 AM.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

Is this XP? With the software installed have you tried to use the Windows native wireless software? Without installing the Belkin software can you load nothing but the drivers and work with the native software? I would say call the ISP but they seem to have been less then helpful. Is this their product or did you buy it third party (WallMart, Office Depot)? Is this your only wireless device? Does the Belkin show a connection in Network Connections? Does it have a valid IP and gateway for the Westell? Is there security setting that need to be addressed for the wireless to connect to the router (WEP key, WPA key)?