Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Screen is Broken :(

• Please log in to reply

randomownage

randomownage

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, just recently found this forum and hoped you would be able to help me. Okay, so recently I've been using my stepfathers laptop, and without problem too. But, a little while ago while trying to hook it up to an LCD projector the scren reduced to half it's size and I can't fix it. It looks sort of like this:

http://img436.images...106/thistb0.jpg

Except that picture was made in paint on my desktop computer. But yo uget the point. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried increasing the screen resoulution, but the text is still incredibly small. I'm running windows XP incase anyone is wondering.

Help would be wonderful, thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Go into BIOS and turn on the option that tells the system to stretch the display outwards to the size of the monitor.

randomownage

randomownage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How do I reach said BIOS?