Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDRW drive will not reconize or burn DVD's..

• Please log in to reply

Accuser

Accuser

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Windows XP Pro SP2, For the last while it seems my DVD drive is not reconizing burned DVD's data or otherwise. But is able to reconize normal DVD movies or games.. Now anything I burn is not really burning, takes up the DVD space but there is nothing on it, specifically when I convert my home movies to DVD type. Disc will spin and nothing will be on it, even ina DVD player.

I have a AOPENDUW1608ARR tried uninstalling driver and then rebooting letting windows reinstall. No luck also updated firmware for the drive itself, still no change. The wierd thing about it is, it says CD Drive now in My computer instead of DVD drive.. and even when I enter in a blank DVD now it calls it a blank CD... Is there a setting registry entry Im missing or can anybody provide some assistance on this please.

Advertisements

Accuser

Accuser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also when I input a blank DVD/CD it comes up with the autoplay list but the list is totally blank, yet I am able to select things supposedly that never open...