Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSN Messenger Webcam problem

• Please log in to reply

Southend

Southend

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I just purchases a Logitech Quickcam 1.3M pixels, loaded the software and set the settings. All appears to be working fine at this end. When I try to connect to view her webcam a pop-up window comes up with:

!Internet explorer Script Error
Line 42
Char 3
Error: Object expected
Code 0
URL http://rad.msn.com/A...GetAd?PG=IMUKV1
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

Now. She says she has been able to view other friends (outside the campus) both them seeing her and visa versa. Also mine can be seen on my sons login on another computer (networked).

I probably need to look at a few more things but has anyone experienced this problem and recognise what I need to do. I was wondering whether it was to do with bandwidth through the internet, hence it just won't connect and times out. Although I couldn't see her webcam either.

Any ideas wouold be greatly appreciated. :whistling:

Advertisements

Southend

Southend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Realy annoying me now as it works with other users, so basically, she can talk and view with others, and I can talk and view with others, yet 'we' can't talk / view with each other. I particularily wanted to be able to do this as she's just started at Uni :-(