Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Set Up Stuck (was:Need help ! Need help !)

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That'll work. If you're sure you have all the files you wanted and that they open properly...configure the drive back to master as it was, and install it back in the original machine. Unfortunately, Windows configures to hardware, so we'll have to work on the OS in the original machine.

Once you have things back the way they were, let us know and we'll see if we can get you up and running again.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Once you had it in the working computer, I would have put all files and information I wanted to keep and then use the Dell Cd's to restore the system. Windows XP needs to be restored to the original at least once a year anyways because then you can get rid of garbage information and repair the registry. Repairing to the original is easy to do and will help your system run at its full potential again.

Glad to hear you got the pictures hope you get the rest of the system running....
:whistling: :blink: :help: :)

loco4ever

loco4ever

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Now can I fix the hard drive or format it so I can put it back in my oringnal computer