Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Graphics

• Please log in to reply

fothers

fothers

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I Hope someone can shed some lighton whats happening to my graphics. On some websites the smaller graphics seem to be missing. I use Firefox so I loaded up IE and checked the web site and same result. On some web sites there is a thin line instead of the graphics or link. Because its in both programs I think it must be something in XP but can't find anything. I did a system restore to before the problem started but it didn't fix the problem.
I have XP SP2 with a newish system, On one of 2 hard drives I am running low on space could this be the problem ? (2.9GB left)

Thanks for your help
Fothers :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This may be silly but have you tried deleting all your temporary internet , and temporary files off the computer? I will manually go into the folders and delete everything in them. Some cookies can be almost malware malicious it seems and it can even take going into safe mode to get rid of them. It may not be the case here but i have seen weird things happen because of bad cookies.

SRX660

fothers

fothers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

This may be silly but have you tried deleting all your temporary internet , and temporary files off the computer? I will manually go into the folders and delete everything in them. Some cookies can be almost malware malicious it seems and it can even take going into safe mode to get rid of them. It may not be the case here but i have seen weird things happen because of bad cookies.

SRX660

Hi

I hadn't thought of that so I tried it, but it made no differance. I am going to try freeing up some space on my hard drive. I run TrojanHunter, Adaware, ewido and my Antivirus as discussed in another forum. (sure found some stuff) but still didn't fix the problem.
I am thinking maybe I imported the problem from Firefox when I reinstalled IE6. So I will try another browser to see if it to has the problem..

fothers

Edited by fothers, 19 September 2006 - 04:15 PM.