Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C++ question

• Please log in to reply

Gamer2bn

Gamer2bn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello everyone :whistling:,

I am a novice programmer. I began with Vb6 and want to move onto C++ I have purchased a book and am reading it but am somewhat confused. With Visual Basic the IDE was Visual Basic what program do you use to program with C++? If there are many could someone please tell me the most commonly used also whether it is freeware or costs money.

thx for the help :blink:

Advertisements

Blackjack925

Blackjack925

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I personally use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, pricewise im not too sure about it because my school gave it to me. I know for a fact that it is pretty easy to use as im a novice programmer as well and it seems to work for me fine

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
MS offers its coding apps for free for non commerical users. There are tonnes of apps for C++ compiling just google it.

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Dev-Cpp. C and C++ compiler, best kind. And comes with handy plugins too. :whistling:

hoes

hoes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ksh jj sorry

Edited by hoes, 02 October 2006 - 11:19 PM.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Yeah Bloodshed DeV-C++ is one of the best compilers...

Plus: it's free

I use that...I don't use MSVC++...

Edited by MaverickSidewinder, 04 October 2006 - 03:05 PM.

Jeff1

Jeff1

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Removed :whistling:

Edited by admin, 07 October 2006 - 12:00 PM.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Please don't adverstise

quim88

quim88

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I am a novice too and I when I started learning I began using Dev-C++ then migrated to VC++ EE by Microsoft that is free. I liked it and now I just brought Visual Studio 2005. This is the complete package for programmer I really like it. It has (C++, C#, J#, Visual Basic and some other tools for debugging)

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
If you are still reading this post, then I suggest using Microsoft's products until you learn the language better. In my opinion, other compilers have a higher chance of having bugs in them then big name compilers. Also, different compilers will group your work together differently, and they will be picky with your code. Some would let you code in a way that others wouldn't, so go with a compiler that you can get help from experienced users until you know the language better.

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
DevShed or Visual Studio 6

Both the best out there