Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help On Deciding What Computer To Buy That Runs Vista

• Please log in to reply

aznjockboiX

aznjockboiX

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I am potentially buying a Vista-running laptop around the time Vista comes out.

I need a system that has all the bare bones -- wireless networking built in, ethernet, light, etc etc-- while adding a few extras--preferrably over 1.5 gig ram, good graphics card. It should preferrably have a good waranty that covers alot of items. The notebook should be priced at around $1000.

I am asking this because my current computer is probably busted, and I need help deciding on what new computer I should buy, and I figured Geeks to Go would be the best place to ask it.

Thanks for all your help.

Admin, if this is the wrong place to post this question, please tell me what area I should post this question at.

P.S. If you think that vista is NOT a good operating system, please don't just say so. give me a few reasons to convince me.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Ryan_88

Ryan_88

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
personally i'm not too sure on running VISTA on a laptop

this is because VISTA is going to be a very 'heavy' OS, in the sense that it will use a lot of CPU and RAM

running these 'heavy' programs on laptops in my opinion is not a good idea as many laptops will not have processors that will be able to cope with the demand

do u specifically need a laptop so you can move around and work anywhere???

ry

aznjockboiX

aznjockboiX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Well the topic should be closed (:

I bought a Toshiba A125-4667 with 1GB RAM, 1.6 Core 2 Duo processor, 15.4" xbrite display for 899 in circuit city on sale...

Edited by aznjockboiX, 12 May 2007 - 05:08 PM.