Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Partitionmagic help

• Please log in to reply

Possible

Possible

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hey,

I am having trouble with Norton Partitionmagic 8.0. So far I have my C: drive and I created another local disk E:

I would like to re-size drive C: smaller and add the new free space to drive E: and i am having trouble with it. can anyone help me?

Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If the partitions are on the same physical drive then it can be done. If you have partition magic 8 installed just launch the program. once its opened then click once on drive c (the big yellow bar, labeled c, on the right hand side). Right click on c:\ drive and click resize. A new window will pop up. On the very far right of the bar, use your mouse to click and drag to resize.

click ok. It should prompt you to apply changes. Reboot the pc, veryify the changes were applied to c drive. IF so, then repeat the steps above for drive e.