Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page cannot be displayed error

• Please log in to reply

canadianpix

canadianpix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don;t know what else to do..I am a co owner/administrator to a site w/ forums and we switched servers on the weekend ..ever since I have gotten this "page cannot be displayed error" cannot find server error..
I have cleared the cache ,restarted and rebooted more times then I can think of

Everyone else on my site can access it but me
I can get to the main page by typing in the ip address but when I click forums i get the same error message ..page cannot be displayed

I can access my site email as well..I am told its hosted on the same server

To make matters worse I have another hardrive tower..that I hooked up to the internet and I get the same error message when trying to access that site

My internet provider is saying its an issue with my computer which i am not buying because i tried a different hard drive..

a tech guy called me tonight and wanted 200 dollars to hook up his laptop basically to my internet because he doesn;t feel its my compter either..

Ihave had terms thrown around DNS routing issue thrown around but Iam lost with what that all means..I did a DNS error report today but again have no clue how to read it

Can some one PLEASE help me..

thanks

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you "switched servers" that means you pointed the DNS servers elsewhere? It might take up to 48 hours to propagate. Clearing temp files and rebooting was a good idea, give it another few hours and try it again.
Johanna

canadianpix

canadianpix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!!