Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer restarted 15 times o.0

• Please log in to reply

iamacomputernoob

iamacomputernoob

• Pip
  • 5 posts
okay i started my computer and it kept restarting(15times yes i counted!!). It kept on restarting at the login page where i put in my password on my username. But before it restarts it goes to a blue screen saying "Lack of physical memory" and other stuff i couldnt right it down cause it restarted right away.

I have 2x512mb kingston ram. I thought one of em died so i tried one stick at a time. I still get the message from both sticks. I put em back in started it up it restarted 2 times...then on the 3rd time it worked o.0

plz tell me how to fix this :/

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Are there any beep codes? Have you tried starting in Safe Mode? If not, try it. If you don't know how to enter Safe Mode, let us know.

iamacomputernoob

iamacomputernoob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi, what do u mean by beep codes? It beeps once when it restarts :0. What will safe mode do?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok so it beeps once. That's what I'm looking for. Now, is it a long or short beep? (Beeps symbolize different codes the computer give us). Also, Safe Mode will help the system load only what is necessary and not all the extra stuff. Start your system and press F8 numerous times. You should then see an option menu with three options. Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, and Last Known Good Configuration. First, we'll try last Known Good Config. Press down on your arrow keys so that it is selected and press enter. Let it run its course, and see if it helps. If not, try Safe Mode.

iamacomputernoob

iamacomputernoob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the beep is fast. I tried doing last configuration thingy and it sometimes restarted fine. Other times i get the blue screen.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
So this just started a day or so ago? Have you made any changes to the system recently? How is Safe Mode working?

iamacomputernoob

iamacomputernoob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
lol this started like a year ago ever since i built this new computer lol...nothing new installed.