Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to get more than 1 IP on a single comp?

• Please log in to reply

inite

inite

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
I know its possible since i've a friend who has four ips on a comp, with proxies.

He told me all i need is a proxyrama and a sockscap. Is that true? If so, is there a guide on doing this? I sorta need 4 ips working on my comp as well.

Basically wad i need it for is to have 4 diablo2 windows (a game) sticking to 1 ip each, so that i can have 16 diablo2 windows in 4 ips, on one comp.

I need some really quick help cos I sorta need it ready in a couple of days. Paid some stuffs for something involving this.

If u could offer quicker help, u might wanna try too hook me up on msn at I_WUN_FORGET_U@hotmail.com

thx...

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I really am unclear what your goal is here.....

First running 16 diablo games on one machine .... what do you have there a CRAY supercomputer with a gillion gigabytes of RAM? Holy smokes.

I'd be surprised if you could run two diablo games.

Second, I don't understand why you are doing what you're doing, assuming you could do it.

third, I just looked through a computer with diablo and I would be very surprised if you could adjust the games networking subsystem to accomplish what you have...granted, it was a quick look, but it appears it either uses the default network scheme, or as you noted it might use its own proprietary networking scheme to circumvent your default network.

Really, though, I don't get what you are trying to accomplish and wonder if there are easier ways to do it.

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Quick and dirty.....put in 4 NIC cards.

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ok, my goal is to attach 4 ips to 16 diablo 2 windows.

Ram isnt an issue cos all it has to do is to create games and idle in them. If any of u have heard about this, its called diablo clone hunting. It drops the rare unique annihilus.

Also, why i need 4 ips is because you can only have 4 characters in a single IP game. And for hunting diablo clone, U'll have to find that specific game ip, and idle till he walks the server. So with my current 1 ip, i can only have 4 max characters ingame. But i would like to have at least 8 in one game.

Also, i've tried running 10 diablos at one time, so this isnt the issue as long as u have the cd-keys to do it =p

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Well first....are you running XP Pro? Second, do you need specific IP's? Do they need to be Static IP's?

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Im running xp pro

I dont need specific IPs, any random working proxies one will do.

No, they dont have to be static.

I just need different IPs on each of those 4 sets of diablo 2 thats all. I cant seem to find a good working sockscap and a proxy finder =/

Is there one that can detect working proxies?

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
help plz?

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
OK, I'm not saying that this is going to work, or that this is even the right track, but it's worth a shot.
Go to the TCP/IP Properties in your Network Config. Click the Advanced Button. You'll see an IP Addresses box. You can put multiple IP's in there. I've done this on IIS and it worked so you may get lucky.
Hope that helps.

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
multiple ips? i do need working ips ya? and the only way i can get it is from a proxy finder isnt? I need one since i've no source of proxy finder atm. Can i have the link to a good proxy finder?

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
TCP/IP Properties in your Network Config <-- btw, can u guide me where this is? i tried finding it to no avail =/ sorry, im n00b at these

btw, if u could, can u give me a proxy address so i can try it out while download the proxy finder,

Also, im curious how am i suppose to attach that 2nd ip to 4 diablo 2 windows, and then the next ip to another 4 diablo 2 windows. I guess sockscap is the only program that can attach specifically?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You know, I honestly don't know if what you are proposing is even possible, but it boggles the mind you are working so hard to, well, basically cheat.

As I understand it you want to load 16 games to so can initiate Diablo Clone Hunt on a battlenet server. I don't know why I should care, but it kind of bugs me.

Have you even tried to launch 16 Diablo games? That should be the first step.

Public proxy servers are easy enough to find...google public proxy servers. Or more accurately, google public socks servers

The difficult part is assigning all these games to a different ip address, or four to different IP addresses. Sockscap can do this with applications, but I do not believe it is capable of isolating multiple instances on the same machine.

What even makes you think this is possible? Did someone suggest it? (not multiple games running through proxy servers, but multiple games on one machine running through different socks servers?

I see no way to delineate each machine with diablo, since it takes its system settings from the host normally, or with SocksCap, from the application, but not the application instances.

About the only thing that comes to mind as workable would be running virtual machines via something like VirtualPC or VMWare, and then using sockscap to divert each virutal machine through a different socks server.

But, I confess, I am not even sure that will work because I donot understand the underlying function of diablo's connection methods, beyond the fact that it uses port 4000.

I think, therefore, you might be better served with some hardcore Diable players...

this site looks promising

http://www.battleforums.com

inite1

inite1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
erm, not really cheat. Its totally legit to have as many d2 up as long as u have legit keys. And ya, i tried having 16 windows up before.

Btw, if its impossible to have 4, is it possible to have 2? My main ip and the other proxy. That shouldnt messes the stuffs up too much isnt.

Also, i was told i have to get a proxy of 6112 for diablo. Is it fixed? Does that mean that if i have a proxy by 1080, i wont be able to attach the ip to diablo?

Really appreciate your help here, some very nice detailed help =)

Gonna try out the website u gave, thx.