Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Device?

• Please log in to reply

squishy

squishy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I guess it happened a few weeks ago. I always keep my volume muted unless Im watching a movie or listening to music.

So I go to turn up the volume and the little speaker icon thing in the desktop tray isnt there. So I go to the control panel and try to turn it up from there and it says "No Audio Device" and everything is grayed so I cant click it.

I did the trouble shooting but nothing worked. I dont know what Im looking for, really. I also dont know much of my computer's information. Its a Dell Inspiron 5160 lap top. Im running Windows XP. Internet Explorer. If theres any other info you need tell me where to find it and I'll get it up.

OH! And I guess when it happened the computer told me about it. When I turned it on a "Found New Hardware" thing came up that said a new something was found and to install it. I didnt have a disk or anything so I said to find it off the internet. It couldnt find anything. So Im still soundless.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.dell..../...=WW1&osl=EN

squishy

squishy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip