Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can i have more than 1 ip on a comp?

• Please log in to reply

inite

inite

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
I know its possible since i've a friend who has four ips on a comp, with proxies.

He told me all i need is a proxyrama and a sockscap. Is that true? If so, is there a guide on doing this? I sorta need 4 ips working on my comp as well.

Basically wad i need it for is to have 4 diablo2 windows (a game) sticking to 1 ip each, so that i can have 16 diablo2 windows in 4 ips, on one comp.

I need some really quick help cos I sorta need it ready in a couple of days. Paid some stuffs for something involving this.

If u could offer quicker help, u might wanna try too hook me up on msn at [email protected]

thx...

P.S. I've made a thrend on another category but im not sure if i made it in the right one so i decided to give it a try here, sorry for double posting.

Also, is firefox more reliable than IE 6? If so, in wad way? Im trying to decide which i should choose over which... thx.

Advertisements

imabrickwall

imabrickwall

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Try asking your friend if he can help you set it up. After all, if he's got it setup, couldn't he also help you set yours up? I've never messed with proxy settings so I am in the dark when it comes to that.

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ok, my goal is to attach 4 ips to 16 diablo 2 windows.

Ram isnt an issue cos all it has to do is to create games and idle in them. If any of u have heard about this, its called diablo clone hunting. It drops the rare unique annihilus.

Also, why i need 4 ips is because you can only have 4 characters in a single IP game. And for hunting diablo clone, U'll have to find that specific game ip, and idle till he walks the server. So with my current 1 ip, i can only have 4 max characters ingame. But i would like to have at least 8 in one game.

Also, i've tried running 10 diablos at one time, so this isnt the issue as long as u have the cd-keys to do it =p

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

P.S. he wont help cos i'll be vying with him for the games =/

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
help plz?