Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FakeMSN8Beta 2 topics merged

• Please log in to reply

thehappydude

thehappydude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was having trouble with my computer running slow and some system tray icons not showing up, so I ran Spybot. It found FakeMSN8Beta, but I'm not really sure what this is. All I know is, I can't run HijackThis and this program is a whole lot of trouble. My computer was so slow it was basically frozen earlier, but I rebooted and opened task manager right away and closed anything I didn't completely recognize. Now I can pretty much use my computer, through some things still don't work quite right and some programs (like HijackThis) won't open. I haven't done anything yet - please help me!

P.S. Sorry about not having any logs - I can't make any anywhere. I also downloaded MsnVirRem.exe on my desktop but it won't open. I NEED HELP!

Edited by thehappydude, 19 September 2006 - 02:53 AM.

Advertisements

thehappydude

thehappydude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded MsnVirRem.exe to try to get rid of my FakeMSN8Beta virus, but the program won't even open! I tried downloading the ZIP version, but can't find one anywhere! What do I do?

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!