Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Tempertures

• Please log in to reply

sambo135

sambo135

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
HI
i have a Intel P4 Socket 478 Northwood A80532 CPU. I have a Gigabyte GA-8IE motherboard.
The problem is that i cant seem to get any tempertures for my CPU. I've looked through Everest, in the sensor section, nothing, only my Hard drives, i've tried using Motherboard Managment and all the temperture i get is -1 i've tried going into my bios and i can't see any temperture. I have touched my CPU heat sink before, and it isn't hot, i could keep my hand without feeling uncomfortable.
Is there any way i get check the temperture on my CPU? or would it be an issue that my mother board doesn't support temperture readings?

Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try Speedfan and see if it works...

Download Speedfan, using the link in my signature. (The download link is in the first line of the second paragraph.)

Fenor

sambo135

sambo135

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
thanks for the reply Fenor
i've downloaded Speedfan but it only shows my Harddrives and the cpu usage, no tempertures for cpu=(, any ideas?
thanks in advance

Edited by sambo135, 19 September 2006 - 03:57 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Your motherboard most likely doesn't have a sensor for the cpu temperature, and there is nothing you can do about that. Besides, if you can touch the heatsink and don't get the immediate reaction of pulling your hand away, then your processor isn't overheating and you shouldn't worry about it.

Fenor

sambo135

sambo135

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
i've looked at my Motherboards manual, i see the CPU connector, and it has 3pins, one for sense, one is the +12V/Control and one is GND, so shouldn't it have a sensor?
but it should be fine, if there isn't any over heating.
Thanks

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you looked under the PC Health in your bios? It's usually there if you have the sensors for it. You did check to see that the motherboard drivers were loaded from the CD that usually comes with the motherboards(This only applies if you bought the MB retail). I have not found a gigabyte MB that does not have the sensors but maybe there are some.

SRX660

sambo135

sambo135

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I've looked through the bios, nothing there, and i don't think there is a motherboard driver, is there? i've installed the Easy Tune 4 that came on the disc with the motherboard, but i'm not getting any temp or rpm.