Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 Upgrade To Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
I want to test out windows media player 11 which I believe is a beta version. I want to keep my current windows media player 10 just in case I don't like the new one. I've been thinking what if I set a restore point, install windows media player 11, and if I don't like it set my computer back with restore to take it off.

1. Do you think this is a good idea?

2. What do all of you think of windows media player 11, and how it would run on my system especially since it's beta? (see my specs)

Advertisements

scott452

scott452

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hi, (still can't sort out the problem?)
unless you have very important settings in wmp 10, just install wmp 11 and if you don't like uninstall it and install wmp 10.
It will run fine on your system, when playing a song, disable the visualisation (right click on the vis.) and it runs much better
you can do what you suggested if you really want, you won't lose any settings that way
wmp 11 has some good new features; i think the whole library is easier to use and the looks of it have been updated. i know there are other new features. just look at the website.

scott

scott452

scott452

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hi, (still can't sort out the problem?)
unless you have very important settings in wmp 10, just install wmp 11 and if you don't like uninstall it and install wmp 10.
It will run fine on your system, when playing a song, disable the visualisation (right click on the vis.) and it runs much better
you can do what you suggested if you really want, you won't lose any settings that way
wmp 11 has some good new features; i think the whole library is easier to use and the looks of it have been updated. i know there are other new features. just look at the website.

scott