Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Players

• Please log in to reply

misterc

misterc

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi, first time here so I hope this works. I am trying to watch some online TV sites and they state that I can only watch this with ..for example...Flash Player 8 "Click here to download". I follow all the instructions and the download informs me that the application was succesfully installed. I then go back to the Online TV site and get the same message as I did in the begining. I have tried installing macromedia flash player 9 in order to view some sites that require macromedia flash 7 or above and still after the download and installation was shown as successful, I still cannot view the sites contents. Even when the download and installation is complete I can't find the supposidly installed program on my PC. Is there something blocking my PC from installing these flash players or preventing me from entering these sites?....do I have to configure my PC somewhere??......Hope to get some advice soon before I pull out all my hair. Many thanks in advance MisterC

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Flash should install and work without any further input from you, at least with IE anyway. Firefox may be more problematic, but their website should have help pages for plugin problems (though flash 9 works fine in my Firefox browser)

When flash is working properly you should get an animated graphics banner at the top on Adobe's homepage http://www.adobe.com/, and if you right-click the banner you'll see "About Adobe Flash Player 9" to confirm it's a Flash presentation.

There's a help page for problems here: http://www.adobe.com...rt/flashplayer/

Edited by pip22, 20 September 2006 - 02:02 PM.

misterc

misterc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey!!! Many thanks....

.....I followed your link and installed the Flash Uninstaller, set it up and ran it.... and then downloaded/installed the latest flash player.

Before installing I closed my browser and all other running programmes including things like Spam Filter for example.

It all went like a dream and I got straight into the online sports channel I was after.

Once again many thanks for the speedy and helpful information.

I now know where to come when I have a PC problem or question.

Best wishes, MisterC. :whistling:

pj1959us

pj1959us

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I hope you don't mind my hijacking your thread :blink: but I am having this exact same problem.

I have closed all browsers when trying to install the Flash player, but am wondering if I have some program running in the background that may be causing the problem? Do I need to disable my Virus/Firewall applications? Are there any others that I should be aware of that could be the culprit? What kind of other programs could be running that affects its installation?

I have uninstalled with the program Adobe recommends, still doesn't work. Adobe shows it's installed. It appears whatever I want to watch many times a screen (for video) shows up at first, but it disappers right away. Youtube, for example, does this. The video appears for a split second, then goes away. :whistling:

This problem is driving me crazy and I have tried all the trouble-shooting found on Adobe that I can think of. :help: