Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FireFox troubles

• Please log in to reply

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
[font=Arial Black][size=4][b][i]

Hello Geeks

OK I have just about had it with Firefox. here's the deal:

I go to open Firefox from my desktop. I click the shortcut, and the hourglass appears and nothing happens. I go into Task Manager and it shows it under processes, but not apps. So I end process the firefox.exe thats in the list(sometimes theres two cuz I click the desktop icon another time). So I was told, not by the Uber Geeks here, to un-install FireFox and reinstall it. So I did. IT did it again. Now when I open Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs to get rid of FireFox, I click on the change/remove button and nothing happens! So I once again open Task Manager and I see under processes the uninstall.exe command but NOTHINGS HAPPENING!!,LOL. I really like Firefox. I have a near ton of bookmarks, some important, and I just cannot get it to open when I click the shortcut on my desktop. Please help in anyway you can with ideas, suggestion, etc. Thanks Geeks team

Brian The Lion

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Have you tried opening Firefox in safe mode?

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yes it doesnt work there either.....

Brian the Lion

ThPenguinsRComin

ThPenguinsRComin

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
What version of Firefox are you using (or attempting to use as the case may be)?

Edited by ThPenguinsRComin, 19 September 2006 - 07:30 PM.

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
using, or attempting to use 1.5.0.7

ThPenguinsRComin

ThPenguinsRComin

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Have you tried uninstalling Firefox by going through the Program Files directory in My Computer?

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ive gone as far as deleting it from add/remove in Control Panel, deleting the folder and contents from Program Files and also deleting all the registry keys and subkey infos. It just wont work every time I install it. And I get the install directly from Mozilla. It just wont work. Ive run all my spyware, malware and virus scans in all available locales with the same results every time I dl it. I even delete the install.exe files I get from Mozilla each time. This is confusing why it wont work....There's somethin were missing....

ThPenguinsRComin

ThPenguinsRComin

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Maybe there's something screwy going on with your extensions or something. Have you tried installing an older version and seeing if you can run it? Maybe 1.5.0.6?

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.8

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
CJIS

I appreciate that link to the Firefox update but it still wont work. I think I need one of the geeks to look into this and maybe a HijackThis log or something, cuz noithing is working

Brian the Lion