Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ActiveX control

• Please log in to reply

Tom P.

Tom P.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, when I go into my mail box I get a message in a box that comes up and it states: Click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage. If you do not click on the run box, it will just keep coming up. If you do click on the run box then another box appears that states: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. It then gives you the option of sending or not sending an error report. If you try to hit the do not send, my computer freezes up. If I do hit the send button, then it sends the report but, kicks me out of the mail program and off-line. Then, if you go back into the mail program again, right away, you have no problems and no boxes appear. This is so aggrivating because you always have to go into the mail program twice to read messages, etc.... Is there anyway to correct this? FYI- My mail is with WOW. Thank you very much for your help.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Tom P.,

Sounds like it could be a security setting...Open Control Panel and double click on "Internet Options". Under the "Security" tab, set each Zone as suggested HERE. "Apply" the settings and check your mail. Any improvement?