Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows installer launching when I load some progs

• Please log in to reply

lloydh

lloydh

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
I am new to your site and wondered if you could please help me?

When I run certain programs, windows installer launches, I cancel it and a another window opens that has a path to my desktop with a message

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

I cancel this and the install runs again, this process repeats itself 7 or 8 times and then, eventually this stops and the program loads. It appears to be getting worse and happening with more programs, but that could be my imagination. :whistling:

It does not occur with all programs but it happens with a lot of non commercial software but, the same thing happens with powerpoint.

Can you shed any light on this?

I have to say that my machine groans under the weight of "crap" (pardon my french) that has been loaded upon it. I dont want to remove them as I am sure I will use them one day....

Lloyd "the eternal Hoarder"

Advertisements