Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS password

• Please log in to reply

surfer6666

surfer6666

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, I have a Dell Latitude D800 and I am trying to rebuild it. It won't boot from the CD rom, so when I enter the BIOS, I can see all of the pages, but I cannot switch the boot priority- it says "Configure Setup is Disabled". Under system Security, admin password is enabled. I've also tried taking the CMOS battery out, but was unable to find it. Is there anyone who knows how to break the password? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to leave the motherboard CMOS battery disconnected for at least 10 minutes to give it any chance of achieving what you want -- though that method may not work even then -- depends on the motherboard. But worth a try -- 10 minutes minimum.

surfer6666

surfer6666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you for your help! I've been trying to find the CMOS battery and have been unsuccessful! I've looked in every little place under the computer and the keyboard. I can't find anything on Dell's tech support site either. Would you happen to know where it should be located? Thanks!

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
It's normally physically located on the motherboard, inside the computer.