Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FFXI ToAU disc not loading/reading

• Please log in to reply

Dalla

Dalla

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently had to reformat my computer and have been reinstalling all the programs just fine from the CDs. I have been reinstalling FFXI today, and had no problems until the ToAU expansion disc. There are no problems with the disc itself as my other computer can read and load the files just fine. I installed it from this same CD back when the expansion came out on both computers as well. However, with my Dell computer, neither of the Samsung drives (DVD-ROM 616T and a CD-RW one) will register that the disc is even in the drive. No auto-play/install comes up; tried to use run option from start menu and says to insert a disc into the drive, and so on. I checked with Device Manager to update drivers for both and it says that all drivers are already updated, and I used a CD/DVD cleaner just incase that may have been the problem as well. No error codes are coming up either. Just this one disc does not seem to exist for my computer.

As side note, I have done all Windows and Microsoft updates as well in case that has anything to do with this.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you pc's are networked, then share the drive from the other pc. If they are not, then disconnect your cdrw drive and try again. Sometimes the cdrw / burning software /disk emulation causes issues with the copy protection.