Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

transfering music from iPod to iTunes6

• Please log in to reply

j-me2465

j-me2465

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm trying to get all my music off my iPod onto my new computer>iTunes 6 but I've heard it's not possible with iTunes 6 so is it? and if so please help me. your help is very appreciated in advance. PS. I know to make it easier I have to updat to iTunes 7. Tried that already and iTunes 7 doesn't work for some reason when I try to click on it on the desktop nothing happens it shows the little glass timer and then it just stops. Does'nt show up or anything. :whistling:

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hi,
I think ephPod is what you might need.

First:
Download and install ephpod

Next:
Open ephPod, Start > Programs > ephPod.

Then:
Go through the on-screen wizard, and, when the wizard is complete, double click songs.

Finally:
When the songs appear on the screen, right click any song, and click "select all songs", then right click again, and click "copy songs to directory".

Follow the onscreen instructions, and then, import the songs into iTunes.

Have fun with your new computer!

Not sure about the iTunes 7 problem, maybe someone else has an answer?

Edited by bmwboy, 21 September 2006 - 05:44 PM.

j-me2465

j-me2465

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yeah I've heard of ephPod but never got what it was.... so I'll try it and if this software works will I be able to use it with videos? and have my iPod as a back up in case my iTunes library is wiped out?

Edited by j-me2465, 22 September 2006 - 10:44 AM.

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

yeah I've heard of ephPod but never got what it was.... so I'll try it and if this software works will I be able to use it with videos? and have my iPod as a back up in case my iTunes library is wiped out?

No, you can't transfer videos with it, last time i checked, only music.

j-me2465

j-me2465

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
so yeah i tried it...... and yeah i just tried another method of just saving my my music folder to my ipod as a portable hard disk then saving it to my new computer so that i won't have to restore my ipod in ipod updater and it works with videos too BUT DONT STEAL MUSIC IF YOU TRY THIS METHOD I SHOULDN'T BE EVEN TELLING ANYONE THIS BUT IT'S RIGHT FROM APPLES WEB SITE most of you know this anyway