Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting WMV files to MP4 format?

• Please log in to reply

j-me2465

j-me2465

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've tried converting WMV (Windows Media Video) videos to MP4 format for my iPod Video but a message tells me that the file might be ?BROKEN? and I've tried using softwares such as MP4 Converter, 3GP Converter (another type of MP4 converter), iPod Movie/Video Converter, and PSP Video 9 but they all give me messages that they could not be converted. So my question is: IS CONVERTING WMV VIDEOS TO MP4 FORMAT POSSIBLE? Any help is appreciated in advance... even if no is the answer

Edited by j-me2465, 20 September 2006 - 01:33 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Super Encoder

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Set the output container to the file type you want to end up with and tick use direct show

DoIT

DoIT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
thanx man! that Super.exe dl worked and it was very simple to use :whistling: or should I thank the both of you for the problem being solved that j-me2465 asked the problem and Keith answered the problem

Edited by DoIT, 17 October 2006 - 12:16 PM.