Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Friend of mine looking to buy a computer.

• Please log in to reply

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I know, this is the building section, but I couldn't find a better section IMO to post it.

She's looking for a laptop for college that has A LOT of memory space, easy to download songs, and not very extremely laggy. She basicly wants a music machine that still allows her to use it for college(no huge programs like CAD, etc). Nothing much for video games, etc. Would be nice if you could buy some sweet speakers as an add on.

A well known brand name would be preferable(she might risk some lesser known brand, she might not, I don't know, I'm just the messenger boy doing a favor. :whistling: ).

Also, it's not that I'm lazy that I'm posting it here, but more that I don't think I would personally be able to do as well of a search for what is needed when you guys might know right off the top of your heads. ^_^

<3, and thanks for the help.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I like Toshiba, Sony, and IBM. Stay away from Dell, gateway, HP, and Compaq if possible.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
My T43 Thinkpad is very nice. My Acer is alright for a knock around but not thrilled with their support (still waiting for a reply to 8 emails for support on a busted wireless module in July). As with any machine your mileage may very but external storage is a must for me as I like music and usually carry at least a 60gig external drive with mostly music on it.