Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Norton anti-virus will not enable auto-protect

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Sir/Madam

I cannot receive or send e-mails on Microsoft Outlook Express and I suspect it has to do with my Norton anti-virus, which since I renewed my firewall subscription will not enable the auto protect. Also the e-mail scanning is off and says urgent attention needed.

When I turn on Outlook Express I receive the following error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account "pop3.blueyonder.co.uk",
Server: "pop3.blueyonder.co.uk",
Protocol:POP3, Port:110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:10061,Error Number:OxCCCOE

Please advise me as I cannot solve this by myself. Blueyonder (my broadband provider) believe the problem lies with Norton.

Yours Truly

John Phillipson

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
yo man try to see if you could uninstall your nortan and then recreate your mail account when you done that. In outlook express click your tools icon, go to accounts, chose mail, and then properties. In properties go to connection and enable always connect using and chose the connection you use to connect with. click apply and then ok. when this is done install your nortan again and when installed disable the scanning of outgoing mail because it is not a risk for your machine. remember to always update your nortan on the net

any help ask i work at an isp