Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

rwkmassey

rwkmassey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just got a new job doing graphic design and my pc is a few years old. its got an ASUS tek p4p800-vm motherboard with an intel 865g chipset. its got a pentium 4 3.00 ghz processor and a 256 mb video card that clocked in at 472.5 mhz with 2 gigs of ram. my hardrive is onlt 120gb and is almost completely filled.
do i need to replace this motherboard?
is my pentium 4 fast enough to handle a bigger video card?
what 512mb video card will run every game and program on max res?
what harddrive can fit in my pc?
is there a liquid cooled case that is quite and can keep my hardware from frying?

iam really in a rush here i would appreciate any an everybodies help.
thanks]
rob :whistling:

Advertisements

Bartender

Bartender

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Gaming video cards and graphic design video cards aren't the same. I don't know the details, but there are differences and you should look into that before buying a gamer's card that's not optimized for your needs.

If you're really in a rush you may just want to buy a workstation that's designed for what you want to do.